Local organizing committee
This is the rough programme outline. Note that there will be sessions Thursday-Saturday and please plan attendance accordingly. The final program will be posted in June 2014.
- Wednesday, August 13, Late Afternoon/Evening:
Early registration, Evening Get Together.
- Thursday, August 14, Full Day:
Opening, Keynote(s), Sessions, Plenaries, Posters, and Exhibitions.
Lunch and Welcome Reception.
- Friday, August 15, Full Day:
Keynote, Sessions, Plenaries, Posters, and Exhibitions.
Lunch, Conference Dinner.
- Saturday, August 16, Half Day:
Assembly, Sessions, Plenary, Posters, and Exhibitions.
- Michael Burawoy, University of California at Berkeley
- Eva Illouz, Hebrew University
- Guy Standing, SOAS University of London
Plenary sessions on the following themes:
- Asian Encounters
- The Future of Social Solidarity
- Nordic Noir
- Social Acceleration
- The Precariat